Juvéderm® in Tarzana
Juvederm is a family of injectable gel dermal fillers containing hyaluronic acid that help to smooth moderate to severe facial lines, folds, and wrinkles for patients over the age of 21 years.
The range of Juvederm products feature a smoother, malleable gel compared to other hyaluronic acid products that tend to have a granular consistency, owing to the Hylacross technology. The role of hyaluronic acid is to attract and hold water at the site of the injection, which adds volume and gives the skin a smoother appearance.
Range of Juvederm Gel Fillers
Dr. Cohen may recommend one of the following Juvederm products depending on your situation:
- Juvederm Voluma XC - used for deep injection in the cheek area. Used to correct volume loss due to age
- Juvederm Vollure XC - injected into the facial tissue to treat moderate to severe folds and wrinkles
- Juvederm XC - also injected into the facial tissue to treat moderate to severe folds and wrinkles
- Juvederm Ultra XC - used for lip augmentation by injecting into the lips and perioral area
- Juvederm Volbella XC - also used for lip augmentation by injecting into the lips, plus helps to treat perioral lines.
Only one treatment is needed to achieve the desired results, which should appear immediately and continue to improve over the next couple of days when the full results will be visible. You can expect some redness, swelling, and tenderness right after treatment, which will subside in a few hours.
Start your treatment today
Keep in mind that the results of Juvederm treatment are short-term, meaning that you need re-injections in 9 - 12 months intervals, of about half the amount of medication. Please visit Dr. Cohen today to discuss the suitability of Juvederm correction of facial wrinkles and folds for you.